Old 19-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] Winter LIght

Obviously junipers and pines need their light in the
winter. But deciduous trees which are starting or
have already lost their leaves do they need any winter
light? Also how about winter flowering species like
winter jasmine and prunus mume. And how about
evergreens like evergreen pears and boxwood.

Thanks
Ben

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Marty Haber

Obviously junipers and pines need light in the winter

I don't think so - at least not in zone 7. When the temp. is below 40F
there is no growth going on, hence no need for photosynthesis. I use a deep
cold frame in which little light gets in. I leave it open until the
beginning of Jan., then close it on only the coldest days. The trees do
just fine.
Marty

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Outside light question. Dont flame me the light will be in the garden :-) [email protected] United Kingdom 8 09-04-2011 04:56 PM
Full spectrum Light,Grow Light etc Oliver Norris United Kingdom 11 09-04-2011 04:55 PM
[IBC] Winter (was: [IBC] winter care) Craig Cowing Bonsai 0 24-11-2003 03:22 PM
[IBC] WInter Light Ben Griffin Bonsai 5 19-11-2003 08:02 PM
Low Light Success...with Mod. Light plants Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 28-03-2003 08:21 PM