Old 27-11-2003, 02:32 AM
Jerry Meislik

Default [IBC] Indoor fertilizers

I am interested to know what organic fertilizers are used by those of us who
grow trees indoors. Specifically does this promote insects like fungus gnats
in the house or not?
Thanks in advance for all those who reply.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 27-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Iris Cohen

I am interested to know what organic fertilizers are used by those of us who
grow trees indoors. Specifically does this promote insects like fungus gnats

I rotate among several different fertilizers year round. The organic one which
I generally use is Neptune's Harvest, which contains fish byproducts and
seaweed extract. My plants seem to like it for the most part, as long as it is
not too strong.
Fungus gnats are promoted by soggy soil and poor watering practices. I doubt
that fertilizer makes much difference.
The only problem I have found with fish fertilizer is that when you use it
outdoors it attracts yellowjackets, so be careful.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 27-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Jerry Meislik

Iris,
So the product used indoors does not seem to promote fungus gnats.
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/
I am interested to know what organic fertilizers are used by those of us
who
grow trees indoors. Specifically does this promote insects like fungus gnats

I rotate among several different fertilizers year round. The organic one which
I generally use is Neptune's Harvest, which contains fish byproducts and
seaweed extract. My plants seem to like it for the most part, as long as it is
not too strong.
Fungus gnats are promoted by soggy soil and poor watering practices. I doubt
that fertilizer makes much difference.
The only problem I have found with fish fertilizer is that when you use it
outdoors it attracts yellowjackets, so be careful.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

**
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
**

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++