Old 01-08-2004, 04:40 AM
Roberto Alday Delgadillo

Default [IBC] Epsom Salt, Fertilizers and Soils

Nina,

Let me start by thanking you for your help. Now, coming back to my question, I guess something else has come out: non-soil mixes vs. soil mixes. Now and as it is common in Mexico, we use soil mixes, in my particular case, I use a mix of 1/4 "organic soil", 1/4 of "black earth", 1/4 of "brown earth" and 1/4 of lava rock. So, as you can see, I have at least 75% of soil, that is why I use this kind of fertilizers.

But, if I understood correctly, it is recommended to use NON-SOIL mixes, and this is to avoid root rot, am I right? Or there is another reasons that I am not aware of. Therefore, could you give me an idea on the ideal mix soil?

Also, and based on the type of soil I use, do you think I am fertilizing my trees correctly?

By last, could you advise me on a good fertilizer?

Thank you for your time an patience.

Best Regards,

Roberto

Epsom Salt Lavinia Zammit Roses 6 20-11-2005 10:21 PM
[IBC] Epsom Salt and Fertilizers Roberto Alday Delgadillo Bonsai 11 05-08-2004 10:19 PM
[IBC] Need help with a Juniperus - Epsom Salt and Fertilizers Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 0 29-07-2004 04:19 PM
EPSOM Salt cause algae explosion? alex crouvier Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:09 AM