Old 08-12-2003, 08:42 AM
John Kingscott

Default Silly question...

Where should my Chinese Elm (I think.. from a supermarket...) be at this
time of year?!

John
London
UK

Old 08-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Iris Cohen

Where should my Chinese Elm (I think.. from a supermarket...) be at this
time of year?!
John
London
UK

You think it is a Chinese elm or you think it was from a supermarket? If it is
misidentified you may have a problem.
If it is a Chinese elm it should be outdoors in a sheltered spot protected from
the wind. If you have been keeping it indoors, then put it in as cold a
location as you can find, but above freezing, and keep it there all winter. Put
it outdoors as soon as it goes above freezing, then leave it outdoors all year
round.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."