Old 02-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Bonsai exhibit to be sponsored by local arts society!!

Last night and tonight I've been talking with the head of the local arts
society about natural art. This will take me a couple of minutes so
bear with me. I am going to have a couple of viewing stones in an art
display at an office of American Express. This display is being put
together by this arts society. In addition, I'm going to have an
exhibit of a couple of dozen stones at the society's gallery in late
March/April. I'll post the particulars when I know the dates, etc.

I asked her if she'd be interested in having the society sponsor an
exhibit of bonsai locally, and she was quite excited about it. She has
been thinking anyway of having an exhibit of art that is related to
horticulture, so it was already on her mind. I'm hoping I can talk a
few members of the Yama Ki Bonsai Society into taking part in a one-day
exhibit. It will be art related to nature, so viewing stones will be a
part, people who do nature photography or painting, and possibly an
artist who does Chinese brush painting, that sort of thing. We're
aiming for early-mid September. We'll hopefully have a demo or lecture
on bonsai (and about the other arts presented too) so that will be good.

Andy Rutledge, eat your heart out! ;0}

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++