Old 12-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] How to sell?

In a message dated 2/11/2004 11:17:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I was wondering if anyone could let me know the best ways of going
about how to sell the plants I have grown myself?

It depends upon what you are selling and where you are. Some growers set up
on the side of a well traveled road, especially on Friday evening and
Saturday. A tourist area helps. Of course, this will probably require one or more
licenses and permission from the land/business owner where you set up. You might
also piggy back on some other roadside vendor such as a produce seller. Flea
markets can be good places to set up. Another might be to sell to local,
independent plant nurseries, either outright or on consignment. (Consignment
means that you get paid a percentage of the selling price when and if the plant
sells. Since the nursery has no financial interest in the plant you might need
to monitor the care and even watering of the plants while they are there.)
Selling is different from growing. Many large growers sell to a middle man
who then markets the plants.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Jim Lewis

writes:

I was wondering if anyone could let me know the best ways of

going
about how to sell the plants I have grown myself?

Billy answered thoroughly:

[...]

And I add:

But do NOT expect to:

1. Get rich
2. Make a profit, or
3. Break even

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Apples and
Oranges: A Demonstration -- Welcome to Hooterville! Population:
2000. Elevation: 3000. Established: 1850. TOTAL = 6850 -- Bob
Lilienfield

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++