Old 12-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Helena Handbasket

Default Carry on luggage (bonsai) Methods ?

I've been doing a lot of air travel lately and on this last trip I brought home a very
small bonsai by hand carrying it on the plane. I had to fashion a very crude package (I
used a plastic pop bottle with the pot cushioned in Styrofoam) but I am planing to fly to
California again in a couple of months and was contemplating bringing back a larger plant.
I know about wrapping the pot in a plastic pot, putting that in a smaller box, gluing that
small box into a larger box using spray foam as the glue and insulation and poking holes
in the larger box for ventilation.

I'd like to hear what kinds of methods that others use for shipping their bosai via air
travel. I didn't want to put the tree in the hold as I wasn't sure of the condition of
the hold. Any advice appreciated.

--
katie
Zone 6b