Old 01-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] Canada Questions

Both those people are probably growing the trees indoors.
Monterey cypress is hardy to about Zone 9, so you can't grow it outdoors,
except in Vancouver. However, it needs very high humidity. If it is turning
brown, it is probably dead.

Chinese privet is Ligustrum sinense. It is hardy to Zone 7, which means it
should probably be outdoors most of the year, with a protected dormant period
in the winter.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Old 01-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Nina Shishkoff

How happy I am those didn't come to *my* plant doctor site!

If you get a lot of these questions, you might want to plagiarize my diagnostic form, forcing these people to put down information on whether the tree is in or out, how they water, what cultural practices they have practiced, etc. It saves you from badger
ing them for these answers later.

I can't properly answer those questions without that information, but the privet ought to be outdoors, not indoors.