Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Pennsylvania- Foraging for a Bonsai

Mike:

I'm from eastern PA (actually the Poconos is in the east not west).
I've been out a few times and as much as a I have heard tales of
wonderful pitch pines and other pine varieties I've yet to find much
myself. I have found some rocky areas where the roots are shallow and
perfect for bonsai but all I typically find are Hemlock, none of which
has been very usable.

For me the size I want are of course the hardest to remove. I intend to
keep trying so we'll see but so far I haven't found much. Most
everything I have encountered has a leaf size or needle size that just
won't work.

Good luck.
wmcorcor