Old 19-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Theo

Default fertilizzazzione

ecco un esempio dei cambiamenti che si stanno effettuando o balle che si
raccontano sul net
a ogniuno di farne le proprio felici o dolorose personali esperienze
certuni pertilizzano mettendo fertilizzante nellane lenta e non ho mai
avuto problemi coi bonsai salvoche con qualche persona qui ( che
attualmente non scrive piu nel NG)che non fu daccordo......
uno metet Osmocote nella terra cmbiandola un'altro Jim Lewis dice che
lui fertilizza da sempre imediatamente dopo il rinvaso dando dosi ben
inferiori di quelle indicate
i testi classici consigliano di aspettare 3 settimane...
la passo per informazione generale
ciao Theo

dal NG Usa
**************
Howlong is a good time to wait to fertilize bonsai after being

transplanted?

Thanks, Colin Horn SanFrancisco Bay Area, CA

5 minutes?

There's no reason to NOT fertilize. It will NOT burn the
roots -- unless you apply at 4-5 times label strength. Give half
strength if you feel you must, but I have always fertilized newly
potted trees as I fertilize all my others and at label strength.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
or ICQ 25 666 169 4

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits."
-Albert Einstein

Old 20-03-2004, 12:44 AM
cam

Hi:

Yup, I agree with Jim. I see no reason not to fertilize. At times,
perhaps after pruning the roots, it's preferable to wait for new
growth before fertilizing. But for a straight pot-transplant, I too
would say go for it.

Cam
Bonsai Chat
http://www.bonsaichat.com
Old 20-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Theo

cam wrote:

Hi:

Yup, I agree with Jim. I see no reason not to fertilize. At times,
perhaps after pruning the roots, it's preferable to wait for new
growth before fertilizing. But for a straight pot-transplant, I too
would say go for it.

I have heard all possibilities form people repotting when soil is
frozen to fertilize a sleeping plant to *boost it*
I always used to add some minerlas oligoelements and bone meal ,
we have shredded horn and ox nails ,inside the fresh mix when ripotting.
it is very Nitrogenous but is a slow release so it will give its
effetcs after few weeks and lasting in the following months
I us e thaht mainly with pines
actually I prefer not to fertilize leaves trees until end of may so
about 2-3 months after repotting .unless I need a fast growing .
Fertilization will provoke in maples long internodes
so i must clip all the time to keep them short
without giving fertlizer until may I think will make shorter
internodes and I will prefer starting in june until sept ( with
mid july-august gap )using slow nitrogen a 3.7.6 npk for a better
roots trunks flowers and recovery during the winther
I use organic fertilizer

I know some people fertilize even in between july august period..
Theo

as b
Cam
Bonsai Chat