Old 19-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] fertilizzazzione

Hmm. I rarely get my name inserted into an Italian discussion.
;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

sorry I posted by mistake
theo

Theo wrote:

ecco un esempio dei cambiamenti che si stanno effettuando o

balle che si
raccontano sul net
a ogniuno di farne le proprio felici o dolorose personali

esperienze
certuni pertilizzano mettendo fertilizzante nellane lenta e

non ho mai
avuto problemi coi bonsai salvoche con qualche persona qui

( che
attualmente non scrive piu nel NG)che non fu daccordo......
uno metet Osmocote nella terra cmbiandola un'altro Jim Lewis

dice che
lui fertilizza da sempre imediatamente dopo il rinvaso

dando dosi ben
inferiori di quelle indicate
i testi classici consigliano di aspettare 3 settimane...
la passo per informazione generale
ciao Theo

dal NG Usa
**************
Howlong is a good time to wait to fertilize bonsai after

being

transplanted?

Thanks, Colin Horn SanFrancisco Bay Area, CA

5 minutes?

There's no reason to NOT fertilize. It will NOT burn the
roots -- unless you apply at 4-5 times label strength. Give

half
strength if you feel you must, but I have always fertilized

newly
potted trees as I fertilize all my others and at label

strength.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Only
where

--

or ICQ 25 666 169 4

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that

genius has its
limits."
-Albert Einstein

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 20-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Theo

Jim Lewis wrote:

Hmm. I rarely get my name inserted into an Italian discussion.
;-)

Hi Jim
I am sorry I made a mistake in posting
your thread was interesting and I wanted to submit it to some italian
NG friends
VIP go everywhere !:-)
greetings
Theo

Old 20-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Jim Lewis

Hi:

Yup, I agree with Jim. I see no reason not to fertilize. At

times,
perhaps after pruning the roots, it's preferable to wait for

new
growth before fertilizing. But for a straight pot-transplant, I

too
would say go for it.

Even if roots have been cut. The mere fact of cut roots doesn't
make them any more susceptible to damage. Only a major overdose
of fertilizer will "burn" roots, and if you do that, you deserve
it. Follow label instructions.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Old 21-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Geoff Hobson

It is generally reconed to wait several weeks before feedin after a repot,
and it is possible to burn the roots if the soil is dry. Most growers would
recommend to water the pot first then add feed.
Geoff.----- Original Message -----

Old 21-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Jim Lewis

It is generally reconed to wait several weeks before feedin
after a repot,
and it is possible to burn the roots if the soil is dry.

I note your "if" qualification here, but I really would like to
hear the science behind your statement.

How much fertilizer do you apply to your trees? Do you apply it
at 5-10 times recommended label strength? Do you never water
before, during, or after application?

fertilizzazzione Theo Bonsai 4 20-03-2004 07:15 AM
[IBC] fertilizzazzione Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 19-03-2004 06:11 PM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] Mastering Technique (Was [IBC] proposal) Mark Hill Bonsai 1 27-02-2003 11:25 PM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] Mastering Technique (Was [IBC] proposal) Mark Hill Bonsai 4 27-02-2003 09:20 PM
[IBC] To: IBC Enforcer (was: [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy?) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 11:25 PM