Old 10-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Jim Clever

Default [IBC] Member's contributions to bonsai & non-bonsai

Hi Folks,

I often have the pleasure of reading newsletters and published studies in
horticultural areas other than bonsai. This month, I was pleasantly
surprised to read an article in the Susquehanna Orchid Society's Newsletter,
in central PA (I am also a member of the Susquehanna Bonsai Society,
'powered' by Jim and Mary Kay Doyle's tireless efforts.)

The article was written by Iris Cohen for the Central New York Orchid
Society, CNYOS, February 2004, Newsletter. It is an excellent article,
"Notes on Paphiopedilum Barbigerum", one of the so-called 'lady slipper'
orchids. Iris has won the prestigious AM/AOS award of the American Orchid
Society on a specimen of this species! Way to go Iris!

The article is an excellent overview of this somewhat, rare species and
Iris' cultivation practices and horticultural skills.

Just thought that I would mention it and congratulate Iris for her "under
lights" work with bonsai and orchids. It is always a nice surprise to see
members of the IBC contribute their knowledge in articles of the various
bonsai publications and other horticultural sources.

Regards,
Jim Clever
Fort Loudon, PA USA

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 11-04-2004, 04:02 PM

Oh, dear. I didn't write the article. Most of it was written by Jeff Stuart,
newsletter editor for the Central New York Orchid Society. I just contributed
some notes on how I grow the species. I hope the Susquehanna people give
proper credit.
Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++