Old 25-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] Coir 2

Good Day to All,
Lynn,

excellent to see your still around,missed your thoughts,
mightily.

Normally,we go through an extremely dry February to
May sometimes June.Literally no rain and no dew.
So I took a chance last year and used too much [ more
than 1/3 of the stuff.]Worked out just this fine.

This year,being a leap year[I believe] is unusual,rain at
bucket a drop for this month.I had to put in temporary
windows in my 15x25' "Garage",down at Mayaro.I used
the plywood that supported the cast re-enforced concrete
floors,in order to keep working inside,with out having to
swim.

Fortunately,I only used 1/5 or less of the coco-peat as
the trees are as wet as they would be in October.
Growth is rampant,and my Tamarind which I stumped to
tighten the growth,had hundreds of flowers.After the first
shower,I had flower supports-chuckle.

If I had used the % of coco-peat from last year,I would have
rotting roots and chlorosis in abundance presently.
Everything is upside down,so much water at the wrong time
of the year.Not complaining though,at least I don't have to
worry about watering or fetilizer for the children.

I also got a chance to heavily prune my Sweet Lime[murraya p.]
and see how well it will respond.
The two seasons of Bonsai/Tree Penjing.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
West Indies/Caribbean

*I also have a W.I.P at WetCanvas,in the don't laugh,Classical
Art forum.It's titled - Come on up to the lab and see what is on
the slab.
If you can find it- enjoy[the images are a bit overcoloured,no
expert with these digital cameras.]
[IBC] Coir 1 Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 1 25-04-2004 06:03 PM
[IBC] Coir marty haber Bonsai 0 25-04-2004 04:09 PM
[IBC] Coir Bill Daniels Bonsai 1 25-04-2004 03:02 PM
[IBC] Coir Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 25-04-2004 04:02 AM