Old 25-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] Coir 1

Good Day to All,
Marty,

I am using the coco-peat,coming out of Sri Lanka.
It lasts about 1 year when mixed with compost or
manure in a tropical climate.Use sparingly as it holds
a great deal of water.
I only have good things to say about the product.

Do an archival search for my name and I believe the
headline is,Coco-peat,for the on-line address of the
company to get more information.Sometime last year.

I don't post too frequently and so it should be easy
to find it,if you need to.

Billy,
if you want a more durable and lasting soil conditioner
that is organic.See if anyone supplies the ground
coconut shell.It is used in drilling for oil and is very
durable.Lasts about three years in the compost heap
down here as chips.
I use it to help aerate the pile.

Until later.
Stay well all.
Khaimraj
West Indies/Caribbean

I've been reading about Coir, the soil conditioner. Anyone out there who
has experimented with it?
Marty

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Lynn Boyd

From: Khaimraj Seepersad

I am using the coco-peat,coming out of Sri Lanka.
It lasts about 1 year when mixed with compost or
manure in a tropical climate.Use sparingly as it holds
a great deal of water.
I only have good things to say about the product.

Khaimraj,
I have used coir for several years on my 80 percent evergreen, 20
percent maples or decidious trees and can say good things, too. I began
the use because the seller of my green house carried it and advised me
well. I do repot more frequently than many, I must consider our hot, dry
summers, but then our very wet seasons, so it takes consideration but once
it is an experienced habit I am happy with it, and happy because of the
environmental protection of peat areas. I was surprised to hear it okay
for you in a tropical area.
I also use more organic material than some folks - so it is a product
I must use with care. In last years hot, dry summer it was very
successful. In Oregon's diverse geographical areas I would hesitate to
recommend it to everyone outside the Willamette Valley, however.
Lynn
Lynn Boyd, Zone 7/8

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Neem oil, Neem seed meal, Neem coir, coco peat, coir pots, bio compost, rock phosphate, steamed bone meal, Vermiculite [email protected] Plant Biology 0 29-06-2006 05:51 AM
[IBC] Coir 2 Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 0 25-04-2004 11:17 PM
[IBC] Coir marty haber Bonsai 0 25-04-2004 04:09 PM
[IBC] Coir Bill Daniels Bonsai 1 25-04-2004 03:02 PM
[IBC] Coir Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 25-04-2004 04:02 AM