Old 01-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] Tropical Trees 2

Hello and Good Day to All,
Leslie,

I have grown the Silk Cotton from seed [or rather
it grew itself,there are trees nearby]and from
small plants just pulled up.

The sandbox was just pulled up.Rainy season.

However,I normally grow anything from the wild
in a 1 gallon or so pot,to re-start the fine roots
and build a "core".
Without leaves.
Then it's just lift and re-pot yearly,reducing the root
mass all around by 1 to 3" depends on what I see
as a root mass.

They both handled living in a 4" pot very well,but the
results never merited a bonsai container.
Until later.
Khaimraj
West Indies/Caribbean

*Oh,the silk cotton plants can live in less than 1/4" of
soil [ like the small yellow fruited guava.].I have had the
seedlings grow to 2' doing this in abandoned pots.

Tropical Trees SAINT Bonsai 0 28-04-2004 03:04 AM
Some species of tropical trees steph Bonsai 15 21-03-2004 02:30 AM
[IBC] Some species of tropical trees Jerry Meislik Bonsai 8 20-03-2004 03:51 PM
[IBC] Some species of tropical trees 1 Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 2 15-03-2004 11:41 PM