Old 04-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] bonsai talk

This afternoon I did a talk at the workplace of a parishoner. He works
for a mental health provider in our area, and is the activities
director. I brought in a half dozen or so trees , a variety of styles,
some collected, some from nursery stock. I thought this might not be a
high functioning audience, which it wasn't, so most of what I did was
entertaining. I brought in a juniper I've been meaning to do some
shaping on and worked on that for awhile while answering questions.
I've done a few talks at schools, so it was on that level. I didn't get
into the philosophical aspects which I thought might be a bit deep for
them. Seeing the trees was enough--having contact with living things
and focusing on them. All in all a worthwhile hour.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++