Old 29-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Alan Walker

Default [IBC] why show a tree?

John: Your definition of significant may vary from others, but what I was referring
to was the fact that unlike many hobbies, bonsai is not one where you can leave it
on the shelf for a few weeks or months and get back to it at your convenience. It
does not demand much time, but it does require daily, or near daily, attention, or
else your bonsai will die and no longer be bonsai.
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com
================================
John - NJ wrote:
On Fri., 3 Jan 2003 12:28:48 -0600, Alan Walker wrote:
It is hard enough to get people to join a club,
pay dues, go to meetings, etc. for a hobby
which is so demanding of time and effort...

I'm new to Bonsai so please excuse my ignorance.

Can someone please enlighten me on what about this hobby requires a
significant amount of time and effort?
Thanks, John

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++