Old 03-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Theo

Default Azalea desease

I found many leaves like this on an Azalea I have since 9 years
this is the first time I see such a stuff
could someone tell me what it is a how to cure it?
the leaves are dark green and specked with round paler green dots ,
it is not chlorosis some stains are 1 mm diameters others 3 mm
diameters sometimes separated sometimes united in clusters
Thanks
Theo[/img]

http://internetbonsaiclub.org/galler...1edbd53d3e95ba

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4

L'Umiltą č la Peggiore delle Presunzioni
(la Rochefoucauld)

Old 04-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Andrew G

"Theo" wrote in message
I found many leaves like this on an Azalea I have since 9 years
this is the first time I see such a stuff
could someone tell me what it is a how to cure it?
the leaves are dark green and specked with round paler green dots ,
it is not chlorosis some stains are 1 mm diameters others 3 mm
diameters sometimes separated sometimes united in clusters
Thanks
Theo[/img]

The link wouldn't work for me for some reason, but judging by the
description it could possibly be azalea lace but.
Check under the leaves and if you see small "fly" type insects, whose wings
look almost like lacework (and seethrough) that would be lace bug.
If so you can spray with a systemic insecticide. I know Rogor is one here in
Australia, you may have it over there. If not ask at a nursery. Just watch
it as it is pretty potent to humans. The leaves will not recover if it's
lace bug, and it may loose affected foliage, but it will come back.
Good luck

http://internetbonsaiclub.org/galler...96c8f7e211641e
dbd53d3e95ba

Old 04-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Theo

Andrew G wrote:

"Theo" wrote in message

I found many leaves like this on an Azalea I have since 9 years
this is the first time I see such a stuff
could someone tell me what it is a how to cure it?
the leaves are dark green and specked with round paler green dots ,
it is not chlorosis some stains are 1 mm diameters others 3 mm
diameters sometimes separated sometimes united in clusters
Thanks
Theo[/img]

The link wouldn't work for me for some reason, but judging by the
description it could possibly be azalea lace but.

HI
I'll try to make some more neat it looks like as
Check under the leaves and if you see small "fly" type insects, whose wings
look almost like lacework (and seethrough) that would be lace bug.

heer they are teh new pics
in teh second one a smal bug is vivsible I could see only when teh pic
was made not before
might be it teh responsible of tehse spots
no flies under the leaves

http://internetbonsaiclub.org/galler...?p=11243#11243

If so you can spray with a systemic insecticide. I know Rogor is one here in
Australia, you may have it over there. If not ask at a nursery. Just watch
it as it is pretty potent to humans. The leaves will not recover if it's
lace bug, and it may loose affected foliage, but it will come back.
Good luck

ok I'll what I have in my chemistry mut have quite a few and one will do
since last year that we had terrific heat wave in Switzerland a lot
of bugs come out in spring my maples look horrid
Thanks again for all informations

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4

L'Umiltą č la Peggiore delle Presunzioni
(la Rochefoucauld)

Passiion flower leaf damaged by desease/pest Chris Knight United Kingdom 5 28-04-2012 10:40 PM
Blackberry desease Gert Gardening 2 26-07-2006 11:03 PM
Serissa desease :pictures Tiziano Bonsai 2 19-09-2005 07:59 PM
Possible tree desease bob whitehead United Kingdom 2 13-09-2005 07:08 PM
[IBC] Azalea desease Jim Lewis Bonsai 5 05-07-2004 10:02 AM