Old 25-07-2004, 08:04 PM
KevinH

Default Ginkgo biloba in South Florida?

I've searched Google to determine if Ginkgo will grow in zone 10, Miami, FL,
but the results are unclear (it appears that Miami may be right on the edge
for Ginkgo, with heat and humidity and no discernable winter). I would
really like to get this awesome plant going here. Anyone with advice or
suggestions? South Florida successes with this species?

Thanks so much, as always.

Kevin

***
A path is made by walking. - Chuang Tsu

Old 25-07-2004, 09:02 PM
KevinH

South Florida successes with this species?

Er, that would be "genus".

Old 25-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Ginkgo biloba in South Florida?

South Florida successes with this species?

Er, that would be "genus".

Er, AND Species.

Ginkgo = Genus
biloba = species

Taxonomically yours,

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Jim Lewis

South Florida successes with this species?

Er, that would be "genus".

Er, AND Species.

Ginkgo = Genus
biloba = species

Taxonomically yours,

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Ginkgo biloba in South Florida? Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 25-07-2004 11:02 PM
Ginkgo biloba in South Florida? KevinH Bonsai 0 25-07-2004 07:06 PM
Website Ginkgo biloba CorK Gardening 0 18-10-2003 11:22 PM
Ginkgo Biloba Bjoern Bartusch Plant Science 8 05-06-2003 09:18 AM
Ginkgo Biloba Bjoern Bartusch Bonsai 0 21-05-2003 10:32 PM