Old 22-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Fumigate and Fertilize

Roberto,

I had an ant problem. I used many types of chemicals to get rid of them in the soil of my plants. Recently, I found completely submerging the pot in water, the ants/bugs come to the surface or drown. Those that climbed the tree were ones I blasted off with the water hose.

I don't know what type of creature you have in your soil, but this might work for them too.

Kitsune Miko

Roberto Alday Delgadillo wrote:
Hi,

As you may remember, I am new on this "hobby" (I have less than 2 years doing it), so I have a lot of doubts about my trees. Particularly, at this moment I have a bad time trying to determine if I can Fumigate AND Fertilize two of my trees (A young Hinoki and a Jade).

I used to Fertilize my trees every three months, but since I have been reading some posts at the forum and in some other sources, I realized that a lot of people fertilize every 15 days, so I decided to do the same. I know that if I don't fertilize the trees this time there won't be any problem, but how much time do I need to wait until I can fertilize them again after I fumigate?

Also, I have some doubts about what kind of fungicide should I used to get rid of the tinny white worms (Aprox. 1/16" to 1/8") that appears on the earth when I water my trees. I was thinking on using Malation or Suphration to do so, am I correct or you have some other options less aggressive?

As usual, let me thank you all in advance for your help.

"Saludos" from Mexico City,

Roberto

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-07-2004, 06:33 AM
Theo

in italy we used coffee waste from the percolator .. when in pots ..
wash the stands of surface of terrace or other with chlorine , exists
small boxes with slow action poisonous gel
ants eat it and bring it in their *city* and all die ..

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4

Old 27-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Roberto Alday Delgadillo

[...]

Anyone know and easy way to fertilize lots of orchids fast? dusty Orchids 7 05-07-2011 12:12 AM
Fertilize and overseed RemiRemi Lawns 4 16-04-2010 02:36 PM
[IBC] Fumigate and Fertilize Roberto Alday Delgadillo Bonsai 4 24-07-2004 06:05 AM
[IBC] fertilize Colin Horn Bonsai 3 22-02-2004 05:36 AM
Fertilize all seasons? Sandy Gardening 3 04-02-2003 03:20 PM