Old 03-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Alan Walker

Default [IBC] bonsai club

Paul: It would help for a forwarding URL to be placed at the
obsolete FOBBS site.
Alan Walker

From: caroline
Does anyone know of a bonsai club or society anywhere near Fife
Scotland
please
Cheers

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-09-2004, 05:25 PM
kevin bailey

There are many study groups and also many societies in the UK that have
decided not to join/rejoin FOBBS. Our own club is not a member despite
being a very progressive and successful organisation. Hence I forwarded
the URL of the Scottish Bonsai Organisation -
http://www.scottishbonsai.org to Caroline.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

********
********
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/

--
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 03-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Alan Walker

And that is one of the sad consequences when clubs drop out of
the umbrella organizations ... newcomers have a much harder time
finding the clubs. It's a lose-lose situation.

Alan Walker

Old 04-09-2004, 12:12 AM
kevin bailey

Not always. It does depend on the circumstances and viability of the
organisations concerned. I suspect that all of the people who want to
find our club can find us. We had 18,000+ locals visit our last show,
maintain a website, advertise through local press and council listings,
continue to show at all local bonsai events and work tirelessly to get
the word out. I sincerely feel that our club is more dynamic than many
who rely upon the umbrella organisation.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales