Old 22-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] schefflera

OK so I got one of these too, s, actinophylla.

Wioll a branch sprout raft style if I lay it down How
do I et aireal roots??

Kitsune Miko

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 22-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Iris Cohen

OK so I got one of these too, s, actinophylla.

Are you sure? Brassaia actinophylla is a huge plant with foot-wide leaves,
hardly bonsai material.
Dwarf schefflera is Heptapleurum arboricola. There are dwarf cultivars of this
species which are used for bonsai, especially banyan style. I found out
recently this species is actually an epiphyte, so grow it somewhat like an
orchid, in a very loose mix.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra