Old 24-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Pat Patterson

Nic...Would "Bonsai Knowledge Base" work better?

Pat
Dez of the Arizona High Dezert, at 4550', Oracle, AZ,
2000' above Tucson Sunset Zone 10 USDA Zone 8
aka: Pat Patterson 'riding off in all directions'

Old 24-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Henrik Gistvall

Facts & Articles

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

How about getting really corny and calling it Branches.....for all the
branches of knowledge contained inside it ?

That's cool! Then we could have a collection of one-liners - "
Twigs"

Well, I like the analogy, but... as someone not familliar with the site,
would *you* know to go look there for information?

hmmmm

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 24-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Jim Lewis

On 24 Oct 2004 at 22:46, Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

I Like Henrik's "Facts & Articles", but I can't help agreeing with Alan: I
like Knowledge Base

Weeeelllll . . . YOU are the webmaster. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

Old 24-10-2004, 05:08 PM
marco favero

At 00.11 24/10/2004, Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

How about getting really corny and calling it Branches.....for all the
branches of knowledge contained inside it ?

That's cool! Then we could have a collection of one-liners - "
Twigs"

Well, I like the analogy, but... as someone not familliar with the site,
would *you* know to go look there for information?

Nic and all ,

Bonsai base infos or Bonsai newbies introductions ?

marco

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

yeah, just as hoping someone could come up with a good ideas that would
also be real short. Many have with one or the other criteria, but nothing
seems to have both

otoh, the vast majority are saying nothing, one could assume they are either
happy as is or don't care

nic - still one handed

Old 25-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Ulli Bauer

Too long, and repeating "bonsai" is perhaps somewhat redundant?

I Like Henrik's "Facts & Articles", but I can't help agreeing with Alan: I
like Knowledge Base

Nic

Yeah, but Knowledge Base is a horror to translate... Maybe something in the
way of Basic Knowledge or so, but it sounds stiff and not very interesting.
Facts & Articles is quite different.

Ulrike

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-10-2004, 08:52 PM
Jim Lewis

On 25 Oct 2004 at 20:11, Ulli Bauer wrote:

Too long, and repeating "bonsai" is perhaps somewhat redundant?

I Like Henrik's "Facts & Articles", but I can't help agreeing with Alan: I
like Knowledge Base

Nic

Yeah, but Knowledge Base is a horror to translate... Maybe something in the
way of Basic Knowledge or so, but it sounds stiff and not very interesting.
Facts & Articles is quite different.

------------- BONSAI INFO ----------------

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Lynn Boyd

Too long, and repeating "bonsai" is perhaps somewhat redundant?

I Like Henrik's "Facts & Articles", but I can't help agreeing with Alan:
like Knowledge Base

----------------------

I like "Facts & Articles" - if some translation is eased that is
worth a some thought.
Lynn

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 28-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Mike Peck

How 'bout ..... "More Information" ........ it's generic enough to include
just about anything, if need be it can be subcategorized or split out into
any number of subtitles, and if I'm a newbie searching the IBC site and
didn't find what I wanted quickly, I would probably be drawn in by a button
that simply said "More Information".

Mike Peck
Kansas City, MO Zone 5