Old 22-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Name suggestions to replace "Knowledge Base"

Hello all,

As you might know, I'm redrawing the IBC website. One of the things I have
received some comments about over the last couple years is the name of the
section called "Knowledge Base". It's been said it's too geeky, among other
things.

I'm open to change that, but would need to know what to switch it to. I'm
honestly running out of ideas. Need a one or two word item that would
describe the section containing a bunch of things, such as articles,
classes, dictionary, ask the doctor, etc. But doesn't contain the FAQ, or
the links, so the word "Resources" doesn't quite fit. "Library" doesn't
seem to fit either.

Anyway, would appreciate suggestions on this.

Thanks

Nic
Webmaster

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 22-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Scalf, Thad

What about "Additional Information"?

As you might know, I'm redrawing the IBC website. One of the things I have
received some comments about over the last couple years is the name of the
section called "Knowledge Base". It's been said it's too geeky, among other
things.

I'm open to change that, but would need to know what to switch it to. I'm
honestly running out of ideas. Need a one or two word item that would
describe the section containing a bunch of things, such as articles,
classes, dictionary, ask the doctor, etc. But doesn't contain the FAQ, or
the links, so the word "Resources" doesn't quite fit. "Library" doesn't
seem to fit either.

Anyway, would appreciate suggestions on this.

Thanks

Nic
Webmaster

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 22-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Scalf, Thad

Old 22-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Alan Walker

Nic: How about "Miscellaneous Information"?

Alan Walker

Old 22-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Alan Walker

Old 22-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Lynn Boyd

Need a one or two word item that would
describe the section containing a bunch of things, such as articles,
classes, dictionary, ask the doctor, etc. But doesn't contain the FAQ, or
the links, so the word "Resources" doesn't quite fit. "Library" doesn't
seem to fit either.

Anyway, would appreciate suggestions on this.

-----------

Related Information Bonsai Related Information Collection

Lynn

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 22-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Marty Haber

Lynn - How about: "Off the Top of Our Heads"... Nah - too corny.

Old 23-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Anthony Pruitt

"Nicolas Steenhout" wrote in message
[...]

How about getting really corny and calling it Branches.....for all the
branches of knowledge contained inside it ?

Old 23-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Pat Patterson

G'day all...

Something like "Bonsai Articles and Other Info"...???

Have a good day...

By the way, had snow close to home last night...

Pat
Dez of the Arizona High Dezert, at 4550', Oracle, AZ,
2000' above Tucson Sunset Zone 10 USDA Zone 8
aka: Pat Patterson 'riding off in all directions'

Old 23-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Lynn Boyd

"Nicolas Steenhout" wrote in message
(snipped)the name of the
section called "Knowledge Base". It's been said it's too geeky, among
other things.
Anyway, would appreciate suggestions on this.

-from Anthony Pruitt:

How about getting really corny and calling it Branches.....for all the
branches of knowledge contained inside it ?

That's cool! Then we could have a collection of one-liners - "
Twigs"

Lynn (beating Marty's corn?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

How about getting really corny and calling it Branches.....for all the
branches of knowledge contained inside it ?

That's cool! Then we could have a collection of one-liners - "
Twigs"

Well, I like the analogy, but... as someone not familliar with the site,
would *you* know to go look there for information?

hmmmm

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 23-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Alan Walker

How about the other direction for our knowledge base...
Knowledge Roots (Routes)?
Frankly, I don't really see the problem with Knowledge
Base. It works.

Alan Walker