Old 29-11-2004, 09:32 PM
David Boland

Default [IBC] SO who is Kitsune Miko ....

From Mr. Jim's contribution ...

OK. So from now on it's Sandy The Kitsune.

FYI -- Sandy/Kitsune is one of our oldest (in terms of length of
time on the IBC) members of the Internet Bonsai Club. She was
here when _I_ arrived, and that date is lost in the sands of
time.

So ... that might mean there are a couple of us on the list that are older than sand. Not entirely certain what to think of that - though that might have something to do with my children calling me a dinosaur.

Dave

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 29-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Kitsune Miko

Lest ye forget, sand is older than dirt, which we
don't use.

Kits
--- David Boland wrote:

From Mr. Jim's contribution ...

OK. So from now on it's Sandy The Kitsune.

FYI -- Sandy/Kitsune is one of our oldest (in terms

of length of
time on the IBC) members of the Internet Bonsai

Club. She was
here when _I_ arrived, and that date is lost in the

sands of
time.

So ... that might mean there are a couple of us on
the list that are older than sand. Not entirely
certain what to think of that - though that might
have something to do with my children calling me a
dinosaur.

Dave

++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

Old 30-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Jim Lewis

On 29 Nov 2004 at 14:39, David Boland wrote:

From Mr. Jim's contribution ...

OK. So from now on it's Sandy The Kitsune.

FYI -- Sandy/Kitsune is one of our oldest (in terms of length of
time on the IBC) members of the Internet Bonsai Club. She was
here when _I_ arrived, and that date is lost in the sands of
time.

So ... that might mean there are a couple of us on the list
that are older than sand. Not entirely certain what to think
of that - though that might have something to do with my
children calling me a dinosaur.

Translation: Dave was here FIRST! ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

Old 30-11-2004, 02:56 AM
MartyWeiser

Actually based upon postings using the name Boland (Dave may have posted
using something else), Kitsune (as Vrooman) predates Dave by 29 months
(4/14/93 vs. 9/12/95). I am in the middle at 7/6/94. This came up about
two years ago and Chris Cochrane (another from the archives) sent the info
below about how to search the archives. It can be used to search for any
topic and is surprisingly fast.

Marty

Here is how to find your own posts. First go to (I bookmarked this):
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ec.arts.bonsai.
This page includes latest posts and is searchable. Here, highlight the
target button beside "search only in rec.arts.bonsai" and then request

If you changed providers or signed in with a different tag, you need to
capture the correctly spelled name tag or URL address to find all your
posts-- but most folks don't change these often. For example, JackSprat's
posts couldn't be found searching for the author "Jack Sprat"-- note there
could be posts under each name as well as posts that only are linked by
author under an email address... :-)

Under "Advanced Group Search," make sure "rec.arts.bonsai" is the only group
searched. You will want to sort 'by date' rather than 'by relevance'.
Then, throw in the search dates you are interested in covering. The
rec.arts.bonsai list goes back to April 1993. A mail list and alt.bonsai
newsgroup go back to as early as August 1992 but are not captured here.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 30-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Alan Walker

Marty: Thanks for the tip. However, it doesn't work perfectly.
I'm not one of the early IBC posters, but I do remember
joining in July 1997. I first got internet service just before
going to Toronto for IBC '97. I joined the list just after that.
However, I can't find any record of any of my posts prior to
January 1998. As you know, I've never been one to be a lurker, so
some of my posts are not snagged by the Google archives.
Neat trick anyway. ;-)

Alan Walker

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...group=rec.arts
..bonsai.
This page includes latest posts and is searchable. Here,
highlight the
target button beside "search only in rec.arts.bonsai" and then
request

If you changed providers or signed in with a different tag, you
need to
capture the correctly spelled name tag or URL address to find all
your
posts-- but most folks don't change these often. For example,
JackSprat's posts couldn't be found searching for the author
"Jack Sprat"-- note there could be posts under each name as well
as posts that only are linked by author under an email address...
:-)