Old 30-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Fwd: [IBC] What is the correct name?

You have opened one of those cans of worms we have
discussed and disected many times in the past.
There is no single correct answer to your question.

Sensei is an honorific that means teacher in Japanese.
It can be used for anyone who teaches. Ranking bonsai
practitioners/professionals/hobbists is not an easy
thing outside Japan. A hobbist can have considerable
knowledge and little formal training. One can have
formal training, but if one does not have a good eye,
the training is worthless.

Many times those who speak or give workshops have a
facility with one type of plant, but not others.

Master is, in my mind, a title used for one who has
done their training under another recognized master.
One who has put in the time that can be called an
appreticeship, and graduated. This apprenticeship is
usually 5 years. This doesn't mean that the work
created by a hobbist is less than that of a master.

My teachers are my trees. I study with them on an
ongoing basis. I look, listen and learn, but I have
yet to find a tree I can call master. Or one that can
teach me to wire.

Kitsune Miko

--- "Alejandro Bedini G."
wrote:

Hi all

I know the professional people who doing bonsai in

high
level(workshop, teach, demo, congress, lecture)
dont like Call or use the word MASTER.

What do you think is the correct name to use?
A) Teacher
B) Artist
C) professional
D) ????

Best regards, Alejandro.
Chile (Chili) South America
____________________
Alejandro Bedini G.
Académico
Depto de Industrias
UTFSM

++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

=====
****

Old 30-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Kitsune Miko

wrote:

[...]

Correct name anyone Wendy7 Garden Photos 8 19-05-2008 04:25 PM
[IBC] What is the correct name? Alejandro Bedini G. Bonsai 19 01-12-2004 07:52 PM
[IBC] Correct name Anil Kaushik Bonsai 1 10-09-2004 10:51 AM
Need a correct name, please limey Gardening 5 07-07-2003 02:20 AM
[Fwd: [Fwd: Science Reporters Don't Notice Conflicts of Interest]] [email protected] sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:25 PM