Old 19-12-2004, 04:51 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Happiness is a bud...

No, not a Budweiser, I wouldn't touch that "thing"

Rather, it's seeing buds breaking out all over several collected ligustrum.
By all rights, they really shouldn't survive, considering they were
collected in really warm late Spring weather, then trunk chopped leaving
next to no leaves, then root trimmed and cut to fit in pots.

I had been told by several folks on this very list they are pretty hard to
kill, and while we're not out of the woods, things are looking good.

Being the impatient grasshopper that I am, I want to see new growth! I just
was outside, kinda wondering when something would happen, it's been over 3
weeks already, by all rights I should have a finished bonsai by now grin

The cambium had remained green, so the dozen or so weren't dead. But close
examination today shoed buds breaking *all* over the trunks. Yee haa.

I am very excited about this, if you can't tell Silly, I know, such a
little thing, but heck, I *am happy about it, and had to share

Nic

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Jim Lewis

On 19 Dec 2004 at 17:46, Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

No, not a Budweiser, I wouldn't touch that "thing"

Rather, it's seeing buds breaking out all over several collected ligustrum.
By all rights, they really shouldn't survive, considering they were
collected in really warm late Spring weather, then trunk chopped leaving
next to no leaves, then root trimmed and cut to fit in pots.

snip

I am very excited about this, if you can't tell Silly, I

know, such a
little thing, but heck, I *am happy about it, and had to share

Well, I guess "Those Buds are for you."

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

The Key to Happiness mr.jak Lawns 1 02-08-2011 04:34 PM
Searching for Happiness kaka United Kingdom 0 24-12-2008 03:42 PM
Sarcochilus harmannii - White faces of happiness Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 29-05-2007 02:31 AM
Love Thy Neighbor. Bring Them Happiness. Get Them High! [email protected] Permaculture 0 25-09-2005 11:44 AM
happiness John Jones sci.agriculture 0 07-06-2003 01:20 AM