Old 18-04-2005, 02:54 AM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines

I got one of the Iseli mugos (Paul's Dwarf) and am
quite dissapointed. The plant is so deep in the pot
that I cannot find the nebari without unpotting (not
the season in CA) The roots are around the trunk
above the nebari line by a good 2" on a 3" trunk,
which I thought was more like 1.5" trunk. So the
proportions of short trunk and nice crown of foliage
are now an umbrella on something less in diameter than
a pencil. It also has reverse taper which was not
evident due to the placement of the plant in the pot.

I got it from a nursery out here with a good rep.
Almost feel like taking it back.

Kits

--- wrote:
In a message dated 4/17/05 12:02:11 AM, Alan

writes:
I have also read about miniature mugos, but no

place to get them.

Any of your local garden centers that carry dwarf
evergreens from Iseli will
carry them.
http://www.iseli-nursery.com/

However, I am not sure these are for beginners.

They
are rather tricky.
Practice on a regular mugo pine or some other
evergreens first. I should know; I've
killed 2 or 3. The one I have now may survive.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund
Castillo++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

****