Old 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Project903

Default Japanese Maple - about 50 years old.

Hello!

I'm told that my Japanese Maple tree is worth quite a bit of money -
it's about 25 ft tall (I'm guessing) and on my property in New Jersey.

Would anyone know if this is true, and if so, what it is worth?

Here are a few pics:

http://www.zincmedia.com/japanese_maple/index.html

Any help would be great!

Old 03-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Marty Haber

Beautiful tree! but it's inappropriate to place a cash value on something
you love. If you were planning to sell it, the cost of moving it would eat
up a good deal of its value, so don't even think about it. Enjoy it for
what it is - a beautiful part of your life.
Marty
I'm told that my Japanese Maple tree is worth quite a bit of money -
it's about 25 ft tall (I'm guessing) and on my property in New Jersey.

Would anyone know if this is true, and if so, what it is worth?

Here are a few pics:

http://www.zincmedia.com/japanese_maple/index.html

Any help would be great!

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 06-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Nina

From today's NYTs: "To christen his 2-acre property in Southampton,
Gary Wexler wanted something grand for his front yard, something that
bespoke sophistication, culture and permanence. After all, this was
the social jungle of the Hamptons, where the carpet-like grass
advertises a homeowner's cachet as much as the Hummer he drives and the
caterers he hires. So Mr. Wexler chose a fully grown copper beech
valued at $50,000. (snip) In the Hamptons, where many people already
have trophy wives and trophy houses, the trophy tree is becoming the
latest must-have accouterment in the game of landscaping
one-upmanship."

Later in the article, tree fashion is discussed, and japanese maples
are described as last year's fad; this year it is chocolate mimosa.