Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Jo Trojer

Default [IBC] Azalea bonsai soil questions

Hi All,

This is my first post on this list, I am Jo and live in Innsbruck (Austria) and I was wondering if you could give me advice on Azalea's etc. I have one from a Nursery (not bonsai yet) and I want to re-pot it in a bonsai container and start working on it. Late summer is the right time, right?

I also have a few citrus trees and was wondering if I can use the special Azalea soil that I get from the nursery for the citrus trees?? The reason I was wondering about this is because both like acidic soil...

Is the Rhododendron soil I can buy at the nursery any good for bonsai Azaleas or should I take other soils or maybe mix it with a clay-granulate to improve drainage?

Thanks for any help.

Jo Trojer
Innsbruck

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++