Old 03-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Sue Marsh

Default [IBC] Portulacaria pics?

Does anybody have portulacaria afra growing in a 'wild" (not bonsaied) state
at their place? I've found a couple of pics on the net, but they don't
really show how it grows int he wild....

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/g...ave/direct/01/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Kev Bailey

Interesting, I would've thought that there would be plenty. I found only one
small pic of massed flowering. Then I searched using the African name
Spekboom and found this
http://www.plantzafrica.com/vegetati...ekboomveld.jpg

Not what you wanted to see, I fear. But this is nevertheless how
Portulacaria grows in nature. Not a tree form, just thicket.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
North Wales, UK Zone 9

From: Sue Marsh
Subject: [IBC] Portulacaria pics?
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 17:48:23 +0000

Does anybody have portulacaria afra growing in a 'wild" (not bonsaied)
state at their place? I've found a couple of pics on the net, but they
don't really show how it grows int he wild....

_________________________________________________ ________________
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/g...ave/direct/01/

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 04-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Sue Marsh

The reason I wanted the pics wasn't to style my own trees... I was writing
down the hints and tricks I've learned on how to make P. afra behave into
bonsai and was looking for pics to compare to... i.e. this is what you'd get
if you leave if alone versus this is what you get when you do these tricks

Google pics aren't very good in this case, I'd already tried that... was
hoping somebody had it as a bush or something in there yard and I could get
close up pics

Thanks for the help so far!
Susan L. Marsh
www.susanszoocrew.com

[...]