Old 06-07-2005, 03:22 AM
K S

Default [IBC] Mame Bonsai Suggestions

Group,

I'm interested in trying my hand at some Mame bonsai.
Any suggestions on species that lend themselves well?
I have seen Ilex crenata that are dwarf varieties that
don't exceed one foot. And Picea species that are
dwarves as well as a dwarf elm. Any suggestions?

Keith

__________________________________________________ __
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 06-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Kitsune Miko

Depending on where you live, elms might be the best
bet. They are very forgiving.

Kits

--- K S wrote:

Group,

I'm interested in trying my hand at some Mame
bonsai.
Any suggestions on species that lend themselves
well?
I have seen Ilex crenata that are dwarf varieties
that
don't exceed one foot. And Picea species that are
dwarves as well as a dwarf elm. Any suggestions?

Keith

__________________________________________________ __
Sell on Yahoo! Auctions – no fees. Bid on great
items.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

++++Sponsored, in part, by Kevin
Bailey++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

Old 06-07-2005, 05:57 AM
Steve wachs

KINGSVILLE BOXWOODS, SOME AZALEAS, RHODADENDRON , MOST VARIETIES OF JAPANESE MAPLES , HOWEVER SOME DWARF VARIETIES DO VERY WELL AS MAME BENI HIME, KOTOHIME . LIONS MANE ETC , MOST SERISSA , DWARF PRIVETS . COTONEASTER , PYRACANTHA , ANY OF THE CHINESE ELMS. KOREAN HORNBEAN , JAPANESE BEECH . NATALPLUM . BIRDS NEST SPRUCE , LITTLE GEM SPRUCE. SOME JUNIPERS SHIMAKU BEING THE BEST , PERCUMBENS NANA . JAPANESE WHITE PINES. I HAVE A RED PINE THAT IS ABOUT 8" HIGH , HINOKI CYPRESS MAKE GREAT MAME BONSAI. SOME NEED MORE ATTENTION TO KEEP THEM SMALL, BUT THAT'S WHAT BONSAI IS ALL ABOUT.
I HAVE MAMES IN ALL THE VARIETIES I MENTIONED. I KEEP THEM UNDER 10" IN HGT. MANY LESS THAN 6"

SteveW
Long Island NY

Mame Bonsai Stands bonsaimad Bonsai 1 09-02-2006 02:31 AM
[IBC] Mame Bonsai Suggestions K S Bonsai 3 06-07-2005 01:45 PM
[IBC] mame ZELKOVA Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 31-05-2004 04:08 AM
[IBC] Yaupon Holly as mame JOEL MCCORMICK Bonsai 6 25-08-2003 05:12 PM
[IBC] mame out of hibernation Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 02-02-2003 04:07 PM