Old 17-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Barry Allen

Default [IBC] cuttings

Hi
I would like to take some cuttings from a Cottoneaster Hedge when is the
best time to do this

Baz
Midlands England

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Kev Bailey

Semi-hardwood cuttings will take easily now. Tear off short pieces of this
year's growth, with a heel, dip in water, then rooting hormone powder and
push into sharp sand/peat (50/50) mix. Water thoroughly and keep in a
shaded, wind free spot or under staging in a green house.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
North Wales, Zone 9

From: Barry Allen

Subject: [IBC] cuttings
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:10:56 EDT

Hi
I would like to take some cuttings from a Cottoneaster Hedge when is the
best time to do this

Baz
Midlands England

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Winks & nudges are here - download MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-07-2005, 07:00 PM
GK

Barry Allen wrote:
Hi
I would like to take some cuttings from a Cottoneaster Hedge when is the
best time to do this

Baz
Midlands England

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Speaking of which, I was thinking of asking a neighbor if I could take
some cuttings of a crab apple tree. Would this work? How might I best
accomplish this?

GK
Old 17-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Kev Bailey

Brent Walston has an article on his site here
http://www.evergreengardenworks.com/crabappl.htm

B.T.W. Please remember to snip preceding messages.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
N Wales, UK Zone 9