Old 27-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Mel

Default Yellow string type nuisance plant problem

The past two years there has been a yellow string type plant that wraps
around and around and through and around my cucumber plants kinda strangling
the cucumber plant. Does anyone know what this is and how to control it?
It is really a nuisance. There are no leaves on it. It is a real thin
string type plant.

Old 27-07-2005, 03:15 AM
GA Pinhead

More orange really. Parasite, Dodder. Just pull it off.

http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/freeform/slo...seases4696.htm

I have not seen that in years. Actually pretty cool for a weed.

John!

Old 27-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Repeating Rifle

Mel wrote:
The past two years there has been a yellow string type plant that wraps
around and around and through and around my cucumber plants kinda strangling
the cucumber plant. Does anyone know what this is and how to control it?
It is really a nuisance. There are no leaves on it. It is a real thin
string type plant.

On a recent trip near San Diego, my son spotted some in the wild. We thought
it was a fungus. It looked a lot like orange monofilament line might look.
It is a full fledged angiosperm just like most seed crops we grow--except
that it is parasitic.

Bill

Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 04:42 PM
String trimmer string breaks too often Robert Reznikoff Lawns 3 02-07-2007 03:23 PM
Public Nuisance Yards Rusty Mase Texas 4 26-06-2003 04:33 AM
Slug and snails nuisance HaaRoy United Kingdom 16 06-01-2003 02:21 AM
On Slugs - Slug and snails nuisance ~ rob ~ United Kingdom 0 15-12-2002 01:05 AM