Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Wayne Jones

Default seedless grapes with seeds?

Hi
I have a Canadice seedless grape vine and a Stueben vine (like concord)
planted side by side.

The first year I got grapes from the Canadice they were seedless as they
should be.
Then, we had 2 bad winters where both vines died right back to the ground.
This year, I got about 6 clusters off the Canadice and some grapes had
seeds. Some seeds were very small but some were normal size.

The local nursery says that it shouldn't happen but I think some cross
pollination is going on or the Canadice is a plant grafted onto a base plant
which does have seeds and after the die back I'm getting branches and grapes
from the base plant.

Anyone know what's happening?

Tnx
Wayne

seedless grapes Romy Beeck Gardening 5 03-08-2004 10:56 PM
seedless grapes Romy Beeck Gardening 1 03-08-2004 07:23 PM
Seedless grapes David Hershey Plant Science 7 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Lemon seeds to seedlings: seedless lemons? Chris Gardening 4 03-04-2003 05:08 AM
Seedless grapes David Hershey Plant Science 9 05-03-2003 01:27 AM