Old 21-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Steve Calvin

Default Garlic Festival

Last year someone asked me to remind them when the garlic festival was
going to be this year but I don't recall who. :-( So I figured I'd
post it.

What: Hudson Valley Garlic Festival

When: This weekend (always the last full weekend in Sept)

Whe Saugerties, New York

Website: http://hvgf.org/

I'd caution anyone to go early as it does get very crowded.

If you go, try the garlic ice cream. I did last year and surprisingly
enough it was *good*!

--
Steve

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.
Old 21-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Gary Woods

Steve Calvin wrote:

If you go, try the garlic ice cream. I did last year and surprisingly
enough it was *good*!

But not nearly as good as the French fries with minced garlic cooked right
along with them!
Look for a large bearded guy with a skinny curly-haired blonde, probably on
Saturday.

Old 22-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Steve Calvin

Gary Woods wrote:
Steve Calvin wrote:

If you go, try the garlic ice cream. I did last year and surprisingly
enough it was *good*!

But not nearly as good as the French fries with minced garlic cooked right
along with them!
Look for a large bearded guy with a skinny curly-haired blonde, probably on
Saturday.

Well of course it's for dessert, after eatin' all the other stuff! Geeze
Gary! ;-) I'm kinda partial to the garlic steak sandwiches, or maybe
the littlenecks, or maybe...

Not sure if we're going Saturday or Sunday but I need to get my
"planters"! Probably Saturday and we usually get there around the time
that it opens and are outta there shortly after noon. I'll look
something like the mug in this pic.
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL413...8/70945052.jpg

If I don't catch ya, enjoy the eats.

Old 22-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Gary Woods

Steve Calvin wrote:

Well of course it's for dessert, after eatin' all the other stuff! Geeze
Gary! ;-) I'm kinda partial to the garlic steak sandwiches, or maybe
the littlenecks, or maybe...

Souvlaki!

A picture at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~garygarli...nWhiteSelf.jpg

Old 22-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Steve Calvin

Gary Woods wrote:

Souvlaki!

A picture at:

snip

I'll be on the lookout. We're definately headed up Saturday.

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Hudson Valley Garlic Festival Gary Woods Edible Gardening 1 25-09-2005 10:57 PM
Garlic Festival in N.Y. the last weekend of Sept. Steve Calvin Edible Gardening 5 23-09-2003 06:32 PM
Don't forget the Garden Festival @ Zilker Park Victor M. Martinez Texas 0 30-03-2003 12:32 AM
Festival Blue hyacinth Zemedelec Gardening 0 11-02-2003 05:25 PM