Old 18-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Steve Calvin

Default Garlic Festival in N.Y. the last weekend of Sept.

For those around or close to the Mid-Hudson Valley, NY. The Saugerties
garlic festival is the last weekend of September. I go every year to
get my garlic to plant and also last me through the winter. Small town
but ALOT of people show up. I'd advise going early if you're goin'.

They have craft venders, shows for the kids, cooking demo's, food
everywhere, and a TON of garlic vendors.

Here's a url if you wanna check it out. It's five bucks at the gate
(that's good for both days, I think). And no, I'm not affiliated with
them in any way what so ever. (well, 'cept I love garlic! ;-) )

http://www.hopefarm.com/garlic.htm

--
Steve

Old 18-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Steve Calvin

oops... appearently that's the old url... more info at
http://www.hvgf.org/

--
Steve

Old 18-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Gary Woods

Steve Calvin wrote:

Here's a url if you wanna check it out. It's five bucks at the gate
(that's good for both days, I think). And no, I'm not affiliated with
them in any way what so ever. (well, 'cept I love garlic! ;-)

A couple of corrections: Hope Farm is no longer hosting the page, although
they were kind enough to put in a link to the new one:

http://www.hvgf.org/

And the $5 is good for one day only (no more wristbands). I think it used
to be $7 at the gate and $5 in advance for both days.

I'm going for sure Sunday the 28th; any other NG types want to meet there?
The Garlic Seed Foundation booth at a pre-arranged time would likely work.

Yours in bad breath,

Old 18-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Steve Calvin

Gary Woods wrote:

Steve Calvin wrote:

A couple of corrections: Hope Farm is no longer hosting the page, although
they were kind enough to put in a link to the new one:

http://www.hvgf.org/

Yeah, I noticed that and corrected it on a follow-on post.

And the $5 is good for one day only (no more wristbands). I think it used
to be $7 at the gate and $5 in advance for both days.

Ok, I didn't realize that. A friend of mine who lives there is getting
me advanced tickets for three bucks and he said that they were $5 at
the gate. I just "assumed" that was for both days... my bad...

I'm going for sure Sunday the 28th; any other NG types want to meet there?
The Garlic Seed Foundation booth at a pre-arranged time would likely work.

We're headed up on Saturday morning or I'd definately arrainge to meet
up with ya. Good luck and get some good cologne to cover the garlic
comin' out of your pours the next day! ;-)

Steve

Old 23-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Mary McHugh

Gary Woods wrote:

I'm going for sure Sunday the 28th; any other NG types want to meet there?
The Garlic Seed Foundation booth at a pre-arranged time would likely work.

I'm going to try and talk the DH into it. Last year someone (probably you,
Gary) mentioned garlic ice cream which intrigues me.

I'll post again if we decide to go.

Mary (if it were just me, it'd be a no brainer!)

Old 23-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Steve Calvin

Mary McHugh wrote:
Gary Woods wrote:

I'm going for sure Sunday the 28th; any other NG types want to meet there?
The Garlic Seed Foundation booth at a pre-arranged time would likely work.

I'm going to try and talk the DH into it. Last year someone (probably you,
Gary) mentioned garlic ice cream which intrigues me.

I'll post again if we decide to go.

Mary (if it were just me, it'd be a no brainer!)

I think that we did discuss the garlic ice cream last year. I've never
tried it but think that I will this year after indulging in other food
choices first... ;-)