Old 27-10-2005, 01:21 AM
jim

Default Italian herb garden

I'm looking to put together a list of herbs for my Italian garden.
I have oregano and basil but that's about it.Anybody got a list of Italian
herbs?
Thanks Jim

Old 27-10-2005, 03:05 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:21:20 -0700, "jim" wrote:

I'm looking to put together a list of herbs for my Italian garden.
I have oregano and basil but that's about it.Anybody got a list of Italian
herbs?

Just *one* kind of oregano or basil?

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"
Old 27-10-2005, 03:30 AM
dave

jim wrote:
I'm looking to put together a list of herbs for my Italian garden.
I have oregano and basil but that's about it.Anybody got a list of Italian
herbs?
Thanks Jim

Well, speaking as a chef, you'd also probably want flat leaf parsley,
thyme (various varieties), maybe some fennel and garlic ... lots of garlic.

--
dave
Old 28-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Jim Carlock

"jim" asked:
I'm looking to put together a list of herbs for my Italian
garden.

I have oregano and basil but that's about it. Anybody
got a list of Italian herbs?

Green peppers, chives, onion and tomato?

There's some seed as well. Someone else might be able
to call some seed varieties. All that's sticking in my mind
is mustard seed at the moment, but there's some others
that are thrown on breads and such.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup, thanks.

Old 28-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Charles Quinn

In article , "jim" wrote:
I'm looking to put together a list of herbs for my Italian garden.
I have oregano and basil but that's about it.Anybody got a list of Italian
herbs?
Thanks Jim

rosemary
italian parsley (duh)
fennel
marjoram
thyme
sage
garlic

Basically for a mediterranean climate are it.

Old 28-10-2005, 08:23 PM
jim

"Charles Quinn" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article , "jim"
wrote:
I'm looking to put together a list of herbs for my Italian garden.
I have oregano and basil but that's about it.Anybody got a list of Italian
herbs?
Thanks Jim

rosemary
italian parsley (duh)
fennel
marjoram
thyme
sage
garlic

Basically for a mediterranean climate are it.

Thanks All
I have been making my own pizza dough from scratch lately and want to try
and make the sauce ( not ready to make my own cheese yet!)