Old 05-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Lynn

Default apple question ......

Probably not Kate, it would be too hot for apples. just like here it is too
cold to grow oranges and lemons (Nova Scotia). I guess we have to be
grateful for what grows well in our areas and buy from other areas.

--
Lynn
"Kate" wrote in message
I live in south Texas and would love to grow some graventastein apples.
Could any of you tell me if its possible in the part of the country ? I
have been here en years and have never seen nor heard about any grown here.
Would love to have them growing in my back yard. Thank you kindly, kate

Old 05-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Kate

Lynn wrote:
Probably not Kate, it would be too hot for apples. just like here it is too
cold to grow oranges and lemons (Nova Scotia). I guess we have to be
grateful for what grows well in our areas and buy from other areas.

Right you are . But people like me move to a different climate and right
away try to grow things we have had our whole lives and mess up the
humidity in the new area . Thank you kindly, for the come back, Lynn.
hugs, Kate
Old 05-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Jim Carlock

"Kate" posted:
I will have to be happy with my oranges, lemons, figs,
papaya and tangerines.

Hi, Kate.

What about an avocado tree instead of an apple tree?
They grow to approx. 30 feet high. There seems to be
2 different varieties of avocados and they seem to do
very well in hot humid environments.

Also, if you're into smaller plants, belle peppers,
jalapenos, serranos, and others could do pretty well for
you.

What's it take to grow papayas and figs?

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup, thanks.

Old 06-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Kate

Jim Carlock wrote:

"Kate" posted:

I will have to be happy with my oranges, lemons, figs,
papaya and tangerines.

Hi, Kate.

What about an avocado tree instead of an apple tree?
They grow to approx. 30 feet high. There seems to be
2 different varieties of avocados and they seem to do
very well in hot humid environments.

Also, if you're into smaller plants, belle peppers,
jalapenos, serranos, and others could do pretty well for
you.

What's it take to grow papayas and figs?

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup, thanks.

We have not been able to aquire the taste for avocados. They are a
pretty tree. But don't really need just a tree. Thanks, though for the
suggestion.