Old 30-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Shumway order arrived

After calling Shumway on Tuesday about my March 7th order and asking for
experiences here, I decided on Wednesday to cancel. They called me back
on Wedneday and told me it had been shipped on Tuesday after I called. It
arrived today, actually yesterday but didn't pick it up until today.

So, now, it's time to start planting those little seeds to accompany the
ones that already have their heads through the soil and looking for good
ol' sunshine.

I very much appreciate the candid comments from everyone who responded.
Thank you. :-)

Glenna

Old 30-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Pat Meadows

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 21:15:06 -0800, (Glenna
Rose) wrote:

After calling Shumway on Tuesday about my March 7th order and asking for
experiences here, I decided on Wednesday to cancel. They called me back
on Wedneday and told me it had been shipped on Tuesday after I called. It
arrived today, actually yesterday but didn't pick it up until today.

So, now, it's time to start planting those little seeds to accompany the
ones that already have their heads through the soil and looking for good
ol' sunshine.

Sob, sob. Whine, cry! (me, not you Glenna).

Here's what's happening in Pennsylvania's lovely Appalachian
mountains today:

WINTER STORM WARNING

SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO 6 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED
ACROSS HIGHER ELEVATIONS ABOVE 1500 FEET BY EARLY THIS
EVENING.

[Higher elevations: that's us. We've ALREADY got more than
6" and it's snowing like crazy.]

ACROSS VALLEY LOCATIONS.4 TO 5 INCHES CAN BE
EXPECTED.ALTHOUGH A FEW HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE.

THE SNOW WILL FALL HEAVILY AT TIMES.ESPECIALLY FROM MID
MORNING THROUGH MID AFTERNOON. SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2
INCHES PER HOUR WILL BE POSSIBLE DURING THIS TIME FRAME.
WITH TEMPS HOLDING CLOSE TO THE FREEZING MARK.THE
CONSISTENCY OF THE SNOW WILL BE RATHER
WET & HEAVY. THE WEIGHT OF THE SNOW ON TREES & POWER LINES
MAY CAUSE SOME TREE LIMBS & POWER LINES TO FALL. POWER
DISRUPTIONS ARE POSSIBLE LATER TODAY & TONIGHT.

The power's flickering now...I expect it to go off
altogether soon.

PHOOEY! AAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH! Enough, already. This has
been one tough winter...

Pat
--
Software development and computer consulting
Brian Meadows Tel: 570-724-5172
Old 30-03-2003, 07:20 PM
George Shirley

Down here in the deep souf' too Pat. Was 39F this morning at 0730 and
supposed to be that or a little lower tomorrow morning. It is very
unusual for us to have winter this late in March here in SW Louisiana.
Sure wish the garden would dry out so I can till it, it's full of tree
feeder roots again, one of the penalties for having trees that are six
foot through at the base.

George

Rose) wrote:

[...]

Fork and Spade order arrived torgo Roses 1 06-05-2003 03:32 PM
John Cabot arrived! Kim Roses 1 24-04-2003 08:20 PM
Shumway orders, anyone? Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 13 11-04-2003 01:08 AM
Spring has definately arrived in our garden subbykins{Chrd} United Kingdom 1 30-03-2003 11:20 PM
Ordered from Shumway? Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 7 10-03-2003 02:56 PM