Old 01-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Kenofnyc212

Default I need help regarding Tomato Plants!

Can I grow any Tomato Plants in an apt. with limited sunlight... about
5 hrs a day.
I don't have any garden space but am interested in growing a tomato
plant.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I thought I posted something earlier but it hasn't gone up so posted
again... sorry in case the other does get posted.

kenofnyc212
Old 02-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Steve Calvin

Kenofnyc212 wrote:
Can I grow any Tomato Plants in an apt. with limited sunlight... about
5 hrs a day.
I don't have any garden space but am interested in growing a tomato
plant.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I thought I posted something earlier but it hasn't gone up so posted
again... sorry in case the other does get posted.

kenofnyc212

Why post two threads with the exact same intent?

--
Steve

Old 02-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Penny Morgan

You can try growing a patio tomato plant in a pot. Make sure the pot is at
least 1 ft. deep so it gets maximum room for its roots to anchor into the
soil. Use a mix of composted manure and potting soil (half & half) and work
some fertilizer into the top few inches of soil around the plant. 10-10-10
fertilizer works well with tomatoes or you can buy a fertilizer that is
labeled for tomatoes. Don't let the fertilizer touch the stem, leaves or
the plant, or it may burn. I also like to boost my tomatoes with a liquid
fertilizer once a month. You can also use a bamboo stake to help support
the plant if it needs it. Try trailing some creeping rosemary, thyme or
oregano out the sides of the pot to get maximum use of it.

Good luck.

Penny
Zone 7b-North Carolina
m...