Old 08-03-2006, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Andrew Ward

Default Wheatgrass juicers

Butzmark wrote:
I just read in one of these posts about wheatgrass that most
wheatgrass juicers are manual. Google wheatgrass juicers and you will
find that is not so. There are only a couple of manual juicers, the
main difference being the construction metal. Some of the electric
ones are just like the manual ones but with a motor. A motor
attachment may be bought for a manual one. A manual crank is available
for my Solostar for travel. The only physical difference between
manual and electrical juicing might be that you could turn the crank
slower so as to not heat the juice, though my electric doesn't heat it
so that I can feel. Any other difference is purely belief.
Extracting the juice on a regular basis,say before work, is a
tedious time consuming process. To do it with a hand cranked machine
adds considerably to the time required.

I have a solo star II which does wheatgrass alright. But it is a real pain to
clean. Especially after juicing carrots. I have a feeling the green star would
have been worth the extra money. Especially as I have a feeling that the plastic
auger on the solo star II is wearing down slowly.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Butzmark

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:30:59 +1300, Andrew Ward
wrote:

Butzmark wrote:
[...]

Yeah, mine too. The best carrot juicers aren't so hot with wheatgrass
I think. The Solostar does everything. I kind of like the idea of
having a dedicated wheatgrass juicer and a centrifical for other
stuff. Still for the single person the Solostar is OK for carrots
despite the cleaning hassle. Doing quantity would be bad.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Andrew Ward

wrote:

Butzmark wrote:

[...]

Have you had a chance to use a Greenstar? I would be interested to know how hard
they are to clean.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Butzmark

wrote:

Butzmark wrote:

[...]

No. I just looked at the Greenstar online and it looks like it must
have a similar screen to clean. I noticed one claim "It separates pure
juice from harmful pesticides and heavy metals which might be present
on fruits or vegetables." that would have to be pure BS.