Old 26-03-2006, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph

Default Concord grapes, fungus problems

I have a Concord grape vine, it produced a ton of grapes for one
season four or five years ago and nothing since, the grapes just shrivel
up and die. I tried spraying with a fungicide a couple of years ago (I
just sprayed it once in the spring) but that didn't help. Any
recommendations about how to handle the problem without making the grapes
to toxic.

BTW, I live in Massachusetts.
Old 27-03-2006, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne

I was told by a man who knew what he was talking about, to spray them in the
spring with Captan or Captain. It is pronounced like captane. This was in
Arkansas and he only sprayed it once, but you could do it twice if needed.

How much water are you giving them. I was also told to give them 3 inches a
week, while in the production stage.
They were never bothered by bugs but the mowing lady seemed to keep them
cleaned off very well (my wife).

Dwayne

news

Old 27-03-2006, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:09:29 -0600, Dwayne wrote:

[...]

I haven't been watering them because I generally get lots of rain, in fact
I think that's part of my problem. I'll pick up some Captan this weekend.

Old 27-03-2006, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne

They can be over watered also. I would figure out a way to measure how much
water you are putting down and go from there. I always test my watering
system after installing it, by checking it every 10 minutes after turning it
on to see how deep it went. Then turn the water on for the amount of time
needed.

Good luck.

[...]

Concord grapes B. Joshua Rosen Edible Gardening 3 07-08-2003 10:13 PM
Concord Grapes Gardening 0 11-04-2003 11:20 AM
Concord Grapes Warren Gardening 0 04-04-2003 06:08 PM