Old 04-08-2003, 12:02 AM
B. Joshua Rosen

Default Concord grapes

I have a grape arbor with concord grape vines on it. Things were looking
promising for a while but now it seems that the grapes are turning in to
raisins without ever getting to the ripe stage, they are either green (and
bitter) or dried out without anything in between. Does any one have any
experience with concord grapes. BTW I live in Massachusetts.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Dwayne

Sounds like they need more water. I have been told that the leaves let more
water escape from the plant than the roots can take up. Are you pruning the
new leaves off of places on the vine that you dont want them? As long as it
is green you can prune it off anytime. Once it turns brown, wait until the
plant is dormant.

Every week I prune any extra leaves off mine (The ones that start growing up
from the ground or up the trunk). They need more water while they are
putting on fruit than they normally do, also.

Dwayne

news

Old 06-08-2003, 06:14 AM
B. Joshua Rosen

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 22:47:52 -0600, Dwayne wrote:

[...]

I haven't pruned anything, I also haven't been watering them because we've
been getting so much rain this year.

How old is your vine? Mine is approximately 3 or 4 years old, is it possible
that it's not old enough yet?

Old 07-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Bob W

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:45:07 -0400, "B. Joshua Rosen"
wrote:

I have a grape arbor with concord grape vines on it. Things were looking
promising for a while but now it seems that the grapes are turning in to
raisins without ever getting to the ripe stage, they are either green (and
bitter) or dried out without anything in between. Does any one have any
experience with concord grapes. BTW I live in Massachusetts.

I live in Ma also and I have been seeing the same problem. It
certainly can't be a shortage of rain given the recent weather. Maybe
too much rain???

I have just been removing the bad ones and hoping the rest will ripen
normally.

Need help growing Concord grapes Toonartist Gardening 4 04-09-2003 05:32 PM
Concord Grapes Gardening 0 11-04-2003 11:20 AM
Concord Grapes Warren Gardening 0 04-04-2003 06:08 PM