Old 12-05-2006, 01:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default tomato worms,help.

You got some good advice. Bt is the best insecticide for these critters
which are hornworms. They attack both tomatoes and tobacco. The tomato
worm is a fruit burrowing worm, actually the same critter as the corn
earworm. On Tomatoes it also can be controlled with Bt.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered User

Hi There
I am new to worm farming and i didnt know where to start but just wanted to give it a go. So thought i would have a search around the internet to see what info was available and couldnt really find much! However i did find a really great book to download which was incredibly informative and really easy to read. Now I am so excited as i have a better understanding as a complete novice and i highly recommend it to anyone starting out.
I found it under this website: Beginners Guide to Starting a Worm Farm

would appreciate any further advice from anyone.

Allotment Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
You got some good advice. Bt is the best insecticide for these critters
which are hornworms. They attack both tomatoes and tobacco. The tomato
worm is a fruit burrowing worm, actually the same critter as the corn
earworm. On Tomatoes it also can be controlled with Bt.

Dog Worms: Understand Dog Worms Symptoms and Infestation brahimbb17 Gardening 0 10-12-2008 12:17 PM
"Army Worms", "Bag Worms", ?? Chrissie Texas 0 22-06-2007 06:13 AM
tomato worms,help. OmManiPadmeOmelet Edible Gardening 0 12-05-2006 03:28 AM
tomato worms,help. TQ Edible Gardening 0 12-05-2006 12:56 AM
tomato worms,help. Jim Carter Edible Gardening 0 12-05-2006 12:26 AM