Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2006, 09:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Potatoes in Containers

Have just tipped out two big containers (Saxon and Karlena) to harvest
the pots but there are no more pots that I would have got had I grown
them in traditional rows.

On examining the plants you can clearly see a big root ball at the
base which is where the potatoes were, but the stem then rises in a
big green rope to the surface but with no signs of additional side
roots as I was led to expect would happen.

It may well be that I did not water enough but I also wondered whether
there was some other more fundemental problem such as the wrong type
of potatoes to do this with.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks
Steve