Old 30-08-2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Zone at which tomatoes grow year round?

Contemplating the end of tomato season, I got to wondering how far
south I'd have to move to be able to grow tomatoes year round, if
such a thing is possible.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
Old 30-08-2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Bert Hyman wrote:

Contemplating the end of tomato season, I got to wondering how far
south I'd have to move to be able to grow tomatoes year round, if
such a thing is possible.

There was just an article in the local paper about this. Apparently
there is going to be a lecture at a nursery on Saturday about fall
tomatoes. There will be seedlings for sale so planting for those is
now. May not be year round outdoors, but more of the year at least.
The nursery is in Cupertino, CA...north of San Jose, south of San
Francisco.

marcella