Old 02-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Registered User

Question Fruit Trees

I am in the throes of replanting 4 existing 5/6 feet high fruit trees which will form part of an 8 tree orchard, I would be very grateful for advice on the additional 4 trees which I intend to purchase .
The trees which will be replanted are, Apple,Pear, Apricot and Plum, I was tempted to go for , Grape, Peach,Cherry and Blackberry, are these only bush type or can you get a type which would be a climber, say onto a stout stake.
Please excuse my ignorance but I am experimenting in my older age
Very important I live in the North West of England,however we have over the past couple of years enjoyed like other places a change in climate