Old 26-05-2007, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default WATERING RESTRICTIONS IN DROUGHT AREAS

Georgia is in the forth year of a severe drought and as a result
watering restrictions have been put into place. There is one aspect of
the rules that few people are aware of. According to the Atlanta
Constitution, under the statewide rules, new landscaping installed by
a professional may be watered daily for 30 days after installation,
and food gardens can be watered any time. It is possible that other
states may have similar rules.:

www-raised-garden-bed.com/

Johnny

Old 27-05-2007, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On May 26, 6:42 pm, Johnny wrote:
Georgia is in the forth year of a severe drought and as a result
watering restrictions have been put into place. There is one aspect of
the rules that few people are aware of. According to the Atlanta
Constitution, under the statewide rules, new landscaping installed by
a professional may be watered daily for 30 days after installation,
and food gardens can be watered any time. It is possible that other
states may have similar rules.:

www-raised-garden-bed.com/

Johnny

Allowing food gardens to be watered any time is not a good idea.
People should learn to garden with droughts. Those of us who don't
garden next to a faucet do other things instead of watering.

Old 28-05-2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"James" wrote in message
oups.com...
| On May 26, 6:42 pm, Johnny wrote:
| Georgia is in the forth year of a severe drought and as a result
| watering restrictions have been put into place. There is one aspect of
| the rules that few people are aware of. According to the Atlanta
| Constitution, under the statewide rules, new landscaping installed by
| a professional may be watered daily for 30 days after installation,
| and food gardens can be watered any time. It is possible that other
| states may have similar rules.:
|
| www-raised-garden-bed.com/
|
| Johnny
|
| Allowing food gardens to be watered any time is not a good idea.
| People should learn to garden with droughts. Those of us who don't
| garden next to a faucet do other things instead of watering.

For instance? Inquiring minds and all...

Thanks.

Kimberly
In Georgia using all kitchen sink water to water garden. Among other
things.

Old 29-05-2007, 04:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On May 27, 8:05 pm, "Kimberly" wrote:
"James" wrote in message

oups.com...
| On May 26, 6:42 pm, Johnny wrote:
| Georgia is in the forth year of a severe drought and as a result
| watering restrictions have been put into place. There is one aspect of
| the rules that few people are aware of. According to the Atlanta
| Constitution, under the statewide rules, new landscaping installed by
| a professional may be watered daily for 30 days after installation,
| and food gardens can be watered any time. It is possible that other
| states may have similar rules.:
|
| www-raised-garden-bed.com/
|
| Johnny
|
| Allowing food gardens to be watered any time is not a good idea.
| People should learn to garden with droughts. Those of us who don't
| garden next to a faucet do other things instead of watering.

For instance? Inquiring minds and all...

Thanks.

Kimberly
In Georgia using all kitchen sink water to water garden. Among other
things.

Growing "drought resistant" vegetable varieties.

Wider spacing between plants so what ever rain feeds fewer plants.

Get rid of weeds.

Mulch.

Get ideas from Israeli farming techniques.

Old 29-05-2007, 05:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article .com,
James wrote:

On May 27, 8:05 pm, "Kimberly" wrote:
"James" wrote in message

oups.com...
| On May 26, 6:42 pm, Johnny wrote:
| Georgia is in the forth year of a severe drought and as a result
| watering restrictions have been put into place. There is one aspect of
| the rules that few people are aware of. According to the Atlanta
| Constitution, under the statewide rules, new landscaping installed by
| a professional may be watered daily for 30 days after installation,
| and food gardens can be watered any time. It is possible that other
| states may have similar rules.:
|
| www-raised-garden-bed.com/
|
| Johnny
|
| Allowing food gardens to be watered any time is not a good idea.
| People should learn to garden with droughts. Those of us who don't
| garden next to a faucet do other things instead of watering.

For instance? Inquiring minds and all...

Thanks.

Kimberly
In Georgia using all kitchen sink water to water garden. Among other
things.

Growing "drought resistant" vegetable varieties.

Wider spacing between plants so what ever rain feeds fewer plants.

Get rid of weeds.

Mulch.

Get ideas from Israeli farming techniques.

Keep in mind that tighter spacing means foliage covering the ground and
less moisture loss due to evaporation.

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (and away)

Old 29-05-2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On May 29, 12:05 am, Bill Rose wrote:
In article .com,

James wrote:
On May 27, 8:05 pm, "Kimberly" wrote:
"James" wrote in message

roups.com...
| On May 26, 6:42 pm, Johnny wrote:
| Georgia is in the forth year of a severe drought and as a result
| watering restrictions have been put into place. There is one aspect of
| the rules that few people are aware of. According to the Atlanta
| Constitution, under the statewide rules, new landscaping installed by
| a professional may be watered daily for 30 days after installation,
| and food gardens can be watered any time. It is possible that other
| states may have similar rules.:
|
| www-raised-garden-bed.com/
|
| Johnny
|
| Allowing food gardens to be watered any time is not a good idea.
| People should learn to garden with droughts. Those of us who don't
| garden next to a faucet do other things instead of watering.

For instance? Inquiring minds and all...

Thanks.

Kimberly
In Georgia using all kitchen sink water to water garden. Among other
things.

Growing "drought resistant" vegetable varieties.

Wider spacing between plants so what ever rain feeds fewer plants.

Get rid of weeds.

Mulch.

Get ideas from Israeli farming techniques.

Keep in mind that tighter spacing means foliage covering the ground and
less moisture loss due to evaporation.

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (and away)- Hide quoted text -

Only if you ain't mulching.

Old 29-05-2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article om,
James wrote:

Get ideas from Israeli farming techniques.

What's that? Plant one Palestinian with each corn seed?

Keep in mind that tighter spacing means foliage covering the ground and
less moisture loss due to evaporation.

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (and away)- Hide quoted text -

Only if you ain't mulching.

Then we are talking a matter of degree. Warm mulch will evaporate water
but to a lesser extent than nekkid soil and, plant cover will even lower
that.

- Bill
Old 31-05-2007, 03:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"James" wrote in message
oups.com...
| On May 27, 8:05 pm, "Kimberly" wrote:
| "James" wrote in message
|
| oups.com...
| | On May 26, 6:42 pm, Johnny wrote:
| | Georgia is in the forth year of a severe drought and as a result
| | watering restrictions have been put into place. There is one aspect
of
| | the rules that few people are aware of. According to the Atlanta
| | Constitution, under the statewide rules, new landscaping installed
by
| | a professional may be watered daily for 30 days after installation,
| | and food gardens can be watered any time. It is possible that other
| | states may have similar rules.:
| |
| | www-raised-garden-bed.com/
| |
| | Johnny
| |
| | Allowing food gardens to be watered any time is not a good idea.
| | People should learn to garden with droughts. Those of us who don't
| | garden next to a faucet do other things instead of watering.
| |

| For instance? Inquiring minds and all...
|
| Thanks.
|
| Kimberly
| In Georgia using all kitchen sink water to water garden. Among other
| things.
|
| Growing "drought resistant" vegetable varieties.
|
| Wider spacing between plants so what ever rain feeds fewer plants.
|
| Get rid of weeds.
|
| Mulch.
|
| Get ideas from Israeli farming techniques.

Thanks, I'm doing all of that. Thought maybe there might be something else.