Old 10-08-2007, 04:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default White spots on tomatoes

Thanks. It isnt on the bottoms, but all over the tomato. They are under the
skin and look bad, but dont effect the taste at all. I know what blossom
end rot looks like and that isnt what this is.

Dwayne

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message
news:fc.003d0941022e53743b9aca00763f2996.22e5378@p mug.org...
writes:
Does anyone know what causes the white spots to appear on my tomatoes? I
have been told that it is because of too much watering, others think it
is
the weather.

Thanks in advance.

Dwayne

If it is on the bottoms, it may be blossom end rot. Causes of that
include lack of calcium or uneven watering, or so I have been told. The
only time I've had it was when I had not been watering properly which
leads me to believe it to be true. I put a handful of lime in each
planting hole and mix it in well when the plants go in the garden so
calcium is not an issue.

Hope that helps.

Glenna